Rutherford House Provincial Historic Site is open the following times:
After Labour Day to May 14
Noon - 5 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday. Closed Mondays.
Closed Christmas Eve (Dec. 24), Christmas Day (Dec. 25), Boxing Day (Dec. 26), and New Year's Day (Jan. 1).
May 15 to Labour Day (first Monday in September)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily
11153 Saskatchewan Drive
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S1
- Adults: $7
- Seniors and students: $6
- Youth (7-17): $5
- Family (2 Adults + youths to a maximum of 8 people): $20
- Children 0-6: Free
Admission is free for:
- Friends of Rutherford House Society Members
- Canadian Military and Families (with CFOne card)
- Cultural Access Pass holders
Group Bookings (15 or more people) receive a 10% discount when pre-booked.
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms and gift shop.
- Area for hanging coats and shoes (if necessary).
- Gift shop.
- Small, intimate picnic tables in the garden area.
- Interpretive panels outside the site.
- Cash (Canadian currency only), debit, and credit are accepted for admissions, gift shop, and facility bookings. There is no cash machine onsite.
Vintage Fork Restaurant
Located at Rutherford House Provincial Historic Site, the Vintage Fork Restaurant provides an elegant culinary experience in a beautiful setting where guests can reconnect, and where passion, creativity, and history meet.
To learn more, see Vintage Fork at Rutherford House.
Please note: Vintage Fork at Rutherford House will be participating at Taste of Edmonton, so the restaurant will be closed from July 18th to July 29th, reopening on July 30th. You can check them out at Booth #26 or book a reservation for after their return.
- A wheelchair accessible washroom is available in the basement.
- The basement and main floor are wheelchair accessible.
- The second floor is not wheelchair accessible.
- Service animals with identification are permitted in the Visitor Centre and historic buildings.
- The gift shop is open during normal operational hours.
- A variety of items are available including toys, games, books, crafts, jewellery, clothing, candy, and postcards.
- Cash (Canadian currency only), credit, or debit are accepted.
- No pets allowed. Please do not leave pets in vehicles.
- Call ahead to ensure an interpreter will be available to provide a tour. There are certain times tours are not available.
- Alcohol is not allowed anywhere except in Vintage Fork.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes) is not allowed in the building.
- Tours and services are in English. Self-guided brochures are available in French and Spanish.
- Limited parking is available directly in front of Rutherford House.
- There is a bus parking lane directly east of the house on Saskatchewan Drive.
- If there is no space in the front of the house, visitors will be required to pay for parking at the nearby meters or university campus lots.